March 28, 2008

Bugger Islam

Part 2 in a 2 part series about Islam I suppose. I was floating around the internet trying to find moderate Islam and I thought I had something reasonable in this editorial from the Khaleej Times Online. I recommend reading through it because it is exactly the kind of drivel that scares the living hell out of me. If you know anything about Islam then you realize that this is a load of crap, but it just seems so nice doesn't it? Here's the catch:

"How can one have faith without knowing what it is that one has faith in? The example of the convert illustrates this. Generally, those who voluntarily enter Islam from other religions and belief systems do so once they have acquired the knowledge and reached the understanding that Islam is the faith and the way of life to which they would like to adhere. The Holy Quran is clear with respect to the preferred rank, in the eyes of Allah, of those who possess the substantive knowledge described above." (emphasis mine)

That "voluntarily" implies that there's another, less savory, option available to me. Read it however you like.

No comments: